Thursday I had a phone interview with Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, Fl. I think they were impressed by my techie experience and I answered some of their *tricky* questions very well. I do not have the teaching experience they're looking for, but they may decide it isn't an issue. UPDATE: The main person I had spoken to called me back this morning to discuss the salary with me. We had mentioned it briefly during the interview, and they pinned me down to giving them a range I was expecting. Apparently my needs are far beyond what they can offer, so it was nice to know that now. I let her know that they no longer should consider me for that position.
Today I had an interview with Macalester College in St. Paul, MN. That position sounds fun and it would be a one year position so I could move again. When I started this whole process I had thought I would move every 3-5 years, but it depended on if I was still learning new things and being challenged at the job. I'm worried I may not hear back from them before I need to make a decision.
I also got a call today from a very enthusiastic Coastal Carolina University asking me to fly up for an interview the second week of August. She said right off the bat I didn't have to confirm my going until Monday. So that gives me some time to hopefully hear back from Maryland what's going on there. I'm also still stalling on answering Indiana about flying up there the first week in August because Maryland said they'd get back with me today.
I'm flying out to DC Sunday, and I'll get to visit with Becky some while I'm there. Yay! Wish me air conditioned planes without propellers, and good luck taking taxis for the the first time ever. And thankfully no layovers this time. Whew!
3 comments:
Good thing you have a spread sheet, because I'm already confused.
No worries, you'll be able to handle taxis. Just show a little let or boob and they'll stop for you. :-)
Show a little LEG or boob. Not let. Sheesh.
HA! With my luck, someone will snap a picture, and I'll be all over Jezebel and WhatWouldTylerDurdenDo.
Post a Comment