Monday, August 11, 2008

My apartment

The house is on the edge of the nice neighborhood near campus right near downtown Salisbury (think downtown Glennville). the house was a family home in the 1800s by a guy named Gunby who owned a local hardware store. the lady who manages and maintains the house as her retirement when she's not umpiring slow pitch softball reminds me of Mom. There's 9 apartments in the house, and 2 currently unoccupied. She showed me both. The downstairs apartment (Mine) has a big living room, lots of closet space, new bathroom, new kitchen and appliances, and a cupola bedroom!

The upstairs is similar though the entrance foes into the hallway and main bedroom (the other opens into the living room). upstairs also has an older bath and older kitchen facilities. BUT it does have access to the upstairs front porch which is lovely. But I just liked the downstairs better despite some security concerns (I'm the first apt by the never locked front door). Chris says she's never been broken into in 12 years or had a squatter problem. And it's $650! Dude! It is a little on the small side, but that just means I take less crap. It's beautiful.











The next apartment I looked at was a brand new 2 BR condo on the other side of town away from the university. They wanted $1150.

Then I looked at a typical/standard 1 BR apt for $785 nearer to campus. Nothing special.

It rocks SO much! I'm so excited to be living in such a beautiful old house. no dishwasher or W/D. have to go to laundromat. painting is a possibility but tricky. guest parking is also something I have to setup as needed as there's only only 1 free space, but there's also a church across the street. It's also a gorgeous neighborhood for walking and like 5 blocks from campus. YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks really cool! You are going to love living there.