Friday, September 5, 2008

Weekend Plans

Lots on the horizon for my weekends :)

This weekend: getting my MD drivers license and visiting Assateague Beach Sunday, weather permitting. Boo hurricanes/tropical storms! I thought I'd left all that behind. More about the wild horses.

Sept 13-14: a trip to Annapolis with coworkers and a concert Sunday afternoon by the Allegheny Ensemble, cellist, violinist and pianist performing an all-Beethoven program for FREE at SU. Working at a University is awesome.

Sept 20-21: home to Athens. HS Reunion was cancelled so I'm hoping to visit Atlanta peeps.

Sept 27-28: trip to Philly!!! Sponsored by the University so I get to go see all of these places for just $25, transportation and everything.
University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
  • Canaan and Ancient Israel
  • China
  • Egypt
  • The Mediterranean World (Greek World/Etruscan/Roman World)
The Franklin Institute
  • Real Pirates
  • Chronicles of Narnia
  • The Franklin Air Show
  • The Train Factory
  • Fels Planetarium Theater
  • Tuttleman IMAX
Academy of Natural Sciences
  • Butterflies!
  • Dioramas
  • Library Treasures: The Lure of the North, Harry Whitney
  • Egyptian Mummies
  • Capt Cooke's Cannon
Eastern State Penitentiary
  • Linda Brenner: Ghost Cats
  • "Voices of Eastern State" Audio Tour
National Constitution Center
  • The Story of We the People.
Philadelphia Museum of Art
  • American Folk Painting from the Collection
  • From the Renaissance to the Surreal: Gifts to the Library and Archives
  • Marvels of the Malla Period: A Nepalese Renaissance 1200–1603
  • Renaissance Lombardy in the John G. Johnson Collection
And I would love to go back to the Eastern State Penitentiary at night before Halloween. They do a scary tour then. tee hee.

No comments: