Saturday, October 11, 2008

First Saturday at Work


Today I am manning the desk as part of my Reference duties. I'll get time off next week in return that I intend to use to get my new license plate (in theory... the DMV does loathe me as you may recall).

I got here far too early so walked around campus hoping to spot Autumnal photo ops, but alas. Fall is slow in coming.



Planning on seeing City of Embers tonight with Krista and her munchkins. Should be fun. Anything with Tim Robbins and Bill Murray should be wonderful.

Also broke down and bought the new Charlaine Harris book from the one major bookseller in Salisbury. There's some other smaller stores I have yet to visit. On one hand, I would love to support independent book stores; on the other, researching where to find them seems heartbreaking when I know I really shouldn't be frivolously spending money on books when there are space heaters, car tags, and winter attire to be acquired. But keeping Charlaine Harris gainfully employed is a personal goal of mine :) So eventually I'll get around to learning where these places are, much like learning the back streets and shortcuts. and how early I really need to be arrive on Saturdays...

Tomorrow I shall sojourn to the Salisbury Zoo's walking paths again.

No comments: