ChipTime: 3:16:57
ClockTime: 3:23:53
Overall: 88
SexPl: 71
DivPl: 71
289 Finishers - 46 M / 243 F These are just walkers of the half marathon. overall there were some 24,000 people in the Half/Full Marathons
Chip time is my actual time, as I was nowhere near the start ling at 7:00am. I didn't beat 87 other walkers. Next year... That was my motivation: whenever I saw someone who had a Walker-tag on their back, they were my goal to beat.
Here's all my updates for you! They're in reverse order...
Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:25 AM
chelliemo: I DID IT 3:24
Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:18 AM
chelliemo: I can see it
Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:07 AM
chelliemo: 1 mile 2 Beer and pancakes
Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:53 AM
chelliemo: Mile 11 oh god
Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:39 AM
chelliemo: Mile 10 :)
Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:10 AM
chelliemo: I love passing Joggers
Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:01 AM
chelliemo: Oh the ocean ive missed you
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:54 AM
chelliemo: HALFWAY
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:41 AM
chelliemo: Mile 6 :)
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:39 AM
chelliemo: Hello fort story
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:20 AM
chelliemo: Back on track!
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:12 AM
chelliemo: Screw the line. I must stop. Legs are frozen
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:02 AM
chelliemo: Mile 4 Darn hills
Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:44 AM
chelliemo: Bathroom lines as Lme
Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:20 AM
chelliemo: Mile 1 :)
Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:02 AM
chelliemo: We're off!
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:55 AM
chelliemo: All the green Penguins Keeping me warm
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:51 AM
chelliemo: Guys running iN kilts! Muhaha
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:47 AM
chelliemo: Made it to the race! Mandy is quite the Pacer
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:43 AM
chelliemo: Sunrise over the water is beautiful
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:10 AM
chelliemo: Now begins the long cold Walk to the race. 30 blocks in the frigid ice air
Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:45 AM
chelliemo: Shamrock marathon is today! Gettin ready
Saturday we didn't really do anything. We browsed but mostly ate and hung out with her runner group friends. Autumn brought her two twin girls, and incidentally used to live in my very apartment #2. This is just how small Salisbury is that Mandy would have two connections to people in my 9 unit building. Must leave! Autumn's husband Matt was super late to get to the race, so we left him and went on. Her other friends Tim and Jen were super nice and preggo. Jen did the 8K Saturday. We also walked the beautiful boardwalk a bit and saw surfers :)
I did some people in bags the morning of the race, but it really wasn't that cold. Of course the 30 blocks we walked to get to the race might have affected my judgment of the temperature. Then we departed ways as she was in corral 3 and I 5. Helicopters flew over head several times. I was quite horrified by the people running off into the bushes to pee. They had portapotties every couple miles but there were always lines. The outdoor peeing didn't bother so much as people didn't go far enough back from the road, and sometimes they faced the road, so you saw everything. Mega disturbing. I wore my illegal iPod! There was not enough bands or radio stations setup to provide constant tuneage. My cell phone on my lanyard also worked very fell, and I hardly felt it.
My legs were so cold the first two hours. I couldn't feel them or my shorts. I was sure I was flashing people or hadn't been able to hold my bladder but didn't know it. It was awful. Next time must get comfortable wearing some sort of pants/tights. The last three miles, I was choking back tears. Don't know where that came from. I think I was tired. I drank water or gatorade at every station, and had taken two advil that morning. I SUPER pushed myself. I think I was doing 14 minute miles, which is insane for me. Race day magic as Mandy says. I usually do 15-17 minute miles. I wore my dr. schooll heel inserts to help with blisters, but i just got different blisters from them and my too big shoes. But I ignored the pain, and walked down every walker I could see. The last two miles, I saw no other walkers but 87 people crossed before me. I blame the cold and my Brutus/Cassius of a bladder for making me think I needed to pee. People were everywhere, and they could read your name on your bib, and they'd call out to you. It was so nice. I crossed the finish line by myself, and I think they got pictures. I have no pictures from the day, so I will try to get that. Oh I lied. I do have one picture from the beginning when I was trying to see the Start line...Overall an awesome experience! Will do more now that I know I rock :)
No comments:
Post a Comment