Friday, July 9, 2010

Como Zoo & Summertime

Been having a lovely summer in Minneapolis. It was Graham's 29th birthday in late June, and made 2 mint themed cakes:


They both turned out awesome! Despite my few mistakes with the recipes...

And we've been keeping up with the World Cup. Very proud of the US staying in it as long as they did, and for showing the world we take soccer seriously. Graham drew this lovely picture of me watching the games:


For Sunday, I am quite torn in cheering for either Spain or Holland, but I've decided on Holland. Spain won the Euro in 2008, but Holland hasn't even been in the WC final four since 1978. Go Oranje! Hup Holland Hup!

For the Fourth of July, Graham and I went to the local free zoo at Como Park. We had a swell time despite the heat and hordes of people.





We later went out over the Hennepin Bridge to watch the fireworks over the river. It was awesome! But very crowded. I baked a fourth of July cake, which wasn't ready until midnight but alas.


It was tasty!

No comments: