I hunted around on the CBS website until I found a staff listing that gave a person described as photo archivist. I knew this wouldn’t be the right person, but I wrote to them anyway on the assumption that one archivist knows the other archivists. My hunch paid off, and he put me in touch with a person named Fred Wostbrock with Kazarian/Spencer/Ruskin & Associates. Fred helped me realize I had misspelled the guest host’s name as Eddie Cannon instead of Eddie Cantor, and that I had the date of the episode off by 1 day. Fred put me touch with a David Schwartz at the Game Show Network, who would have the master list. We learned that his company did not have the episode I needed, and he put me in touch with a new company.
I phoned a Jon with FremantleMedia with the date of the episode and the correct spelling of the guest star’s name. His assistant Jessica Pringle called me back, and told me that she would search their archives for my episode. She cautioned me that their records were very poorly labelled and stored from back then, so it could be some time, and she could make me no promises on locating it. About a month went by before I heard from her again.
Finally on May 11, she wrote me to say she was pretty sure she had found it! She was able to confirm it was indeed the right episode. Then she put me in touch with Heather Iles with Point 360. It was Heather who processed my order for the DVD, a total of $65. I received it just a few days after completing the order with Heather. I’m so happy to have been able to share seeing my grandparents with all of my family!
YouTube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6dKsdvNCys
My website hosted version: http://www.nellmoorehead.com/stories/ivegotasecret-clip.shtml
No comments:
Post a Comment