Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Winter

This has been a super mild winter, however, the snow, sleet and sludge have finally arrived! I started my new job at Oxboro library this week. It's a part of the Hennepin County system, so this is a promotion from my old position at the downtown branch. It's very exciting! I'm also still accepting substitute gigs all over the county.




My 32nd birthday was pretty awesome. I scored some sweet loot including a new digital camera. Woo! That has been long overdue. :)  Graham and I also had dinner at our new favorite place: Izakaya Zenbox Japanese pub and kitchen. We're also going there this Friday night for our anniversary. Graham has a big surprise planned for me. Yay!

I started a new yoga class and have joined the St Louis Park Community band. Both things I am greatly enjoying!



We also recently went to Chicago and Davenport for Graham's work, and I tagged along. I took the Amtrak train into Chicago two days. The first day was super cold and rainy, but I walked the millennium mile and visited the Field museum.




Jane Addams Hull House



Davenport is not so exciting, but they have one cute museum and an interesting bridge.


the cute museum in question


I've also recently taken up making amigurumi or Japanese crocheted toys. Mom and Rachel bought me some books last Christmas, and I finally seem to have gotten the hang of crocheting enough to do it! I made these two robot dogs and have almost finished a third that will be black with white spots.





No comments: