Strange New Fish Found Deep off New Zealand from National Geographic
More than a mile down, the team's nets found relatively few fish. What they did find were several new species and some just plain "strange looking" ones, according to New Zealand's National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA). The team discovered that the whalefish has little company below 1.3 miles (2.1 kilometers), where a small number of other fish, including skates, slickheads, rattails, and cusk-eels, were also found during the expedition.Hunger Games Flowchart Helps You Find Your Next Book from GalleyCat: awesome tool for librarians!
Things We Saw Today: A Real Weasley Family Clock from The Mary Sue
Your adventure ends here. Badly. from MetaFilter
A children's treasury of horrible "choose your own adventure" story endings.
Stylized Game of Thrones maps make Westeros and Essos look like pleasant places to vacation from io9
Commentary by Sasha Obama : Holy Shit, I Just Realized People Want To Kill My Dad from The Onion
Amy Winehouse: 1983 - 2011 from The Rolling Stone
Does Flash Photography Really Damage Art? from Gizmodo: Answer-- Nope.
Very Superstitious from Lapham's Quarterly: I highly enjoy articles on how people used to think. It's fascinating.
Also I've been highly enjoying the Muppet & Marriage Equality mashups that Chick-fil-a's announcement has inspired....
4 awesome Star Wars recruiting posters urge you to join the fight from Blastr
15 Geektastic Gifts for Baby Nerds from Mashable: I would like ALL of these, please!
Tv and Movies consumed!
Soylent Green: I had actually never seen this before! I thought a lot of the concepts were very clever, but very slow pacing.
In an overpopulated futuristic Earth, a New York police detective finds himself marked for murder by government agents when he gets too close to a bizarre state secret involving the origins of a revolutionary and needed new foodstuff.
Tunes!
Magnetic Fields: Papa was a Rodeo
Marian Call: E.S.B.









No comments:
Post a Comment