Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ball State Univ Interview

I had my phone interview today with the search committee at Ball State Univ's Emerging Technologies Librarian position. I don't feel as good about it as the Georgetown interview. I was on a speaker phone talking on my cell phone, so I'm sure the quality was low. Her questions to me were all great, and I answered them fully. But I get excited when I'm talking about 2.0 stuff, and I think I sound like a valley girl. Maybe I just came off as enthusiastic and not immature. They asked me lots of questions about my Reference experience which is nil other than working the AskaLib desk. They seemed to really need an evening reference librarian who could also implement some 2.0 type tools. That's not really me. I won't be surprised if they don't ask me back. Oh well. Tomorrow will be better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just heard from Ellen and Diana that they got calls from Ball State! I guess I wasn't horrid as they're calling my references minutes after getting off the phone with me.