Monday, July 7, 2008

Interview Today!

My Interview today with Georgetown Univ in DC went great. I was chatting with the Michele girl I had met. She found me on Facebook and befriended me (glad I cleaned up that account. whew!); then I found her on GoodReads and befriended her. She asked me lots about the apps I've built and how to start up a virtual reference program. What have I gotten myself into? sigh... Timeline: the people who pass the chat interview will be flown out to DC for an all day in person interview, and they hope to have someone start by Sept when fall semester is underway.


Also got an email from Ball State Univ in Muncie, IN saying they received my application materials. That was a top 8 job, so here's to hoping! I also applied for that position at the same time I applied for the Virgin Islands one, but it probably takes longer for things to get there. Yay hurricane season! I also received a confirmation letter from Salisbury Univ confirming they'd like to interview me for their Web/Digital Services librarian position. That will be a phone call this Thursday in my car from work. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

IT Boss Lady said...

You are crazy! Doing a phone interview from the car... tsk, tsk! Glad to hear the interview went well. Yeah for Georgetown. I will definitely visit you there!

Anonymous said...

It was so not the original plan, but I ended not being able to stay home and telework Thursday, so I gotta do it. sigh...