The longest part of the journey is said to be the passing of the gate. ~Marcus Terentius Varro
Monday, August 25, 2008
First Day
My first day at work went really well. There wasn't a whole lot for me to do but some maintenance and housekeeping stuff. I'll get settled in tomorrow and then spend all day in a faculty training day. The rest of the week I have meetings with people to tell me what they want me to do for them. I did have one really good long meeting today with the Kevin Spacey librarian who had been maintaining the website. Basically everything I'd want to change will need approval by committee, but it'll be ok. This is my job: to come up with anything awesome for the website I think we could use, present it, sell it, then build it. Today made me realize all of this will be worth it. My job is awesome and will help me grow and be everything I hope it will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment