Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Second Day

Hi! Today went good. We had a faculty development day in the morning that I skipped the afternoon part and started working on my faculty webpage. It was very silly, all lets talk about our feelings and why we love teaching. I came home and walked up the street to school and back. I felt very safe. Then I chatted with Chris, my landlady, about the cats who live around the property. If I take in one of them, she won't charge me an extra pet fee. I think Demon is lonely, but I could be wrong. I also met 2 more of the people who live here. Jordan, who Mom met, that works at the Italian restaurant, and Brad who works at his Dad's painting company and teaches philosophy at the school. Also talked with Mike for about about his upcoming band director interview, and the concert band and other music events in the area. Apparently there's a Catholic School marching band that practices in the parking lot across the street from the house. I've also met Tom who lives on the 2nd story with the balcony, and Allison who lives in the 3rd floor and teaches glass blowing at the University too. There's one empty apartment on the 2nd floor that a female student who also works for Americore might be taking. Chris is also going to catsit for me this weekend while I'm at DragonCon so that's a relief. So there's 2 more people I haven't met yet I think. There's a convocation at the University Friday that I get to wear my cap and gown for, so that's exciting. And I'll get to meet the University Concert Band director then too. Yay :)

No comments: