I had lunch today with my new immediate supervisor, Mou (pronounced Moe), who incidentally used to live in Brandon too!
Also had my first reference staff meeting today. I've been asked to pick up some weekend hours. woo hoo! Well a whopping 2 Saturdays and a Sunday, 4 hr shifts each. Everything seems very come and go as you please, but I bet someone is secretly watching and reporting how many times I go for coffee, etc. Ha!
Also got assigned my first big, over my head, project. It's supposed to take about a year for me to accomplish it, and has been ongoing for about 5 years now. Lovely. But it's my baby and affects people all over the university. Exciting times, as my old boss would say :) I always wondered how he meant that. You'd think it was genuine unless you'd heard the Chinese curse "May you live in exciting times." Hmm.
And I was all prepped to go to the laundromat tonight but realized I have no quarters. Doh! Will try again after DragonCon.
No comments:
Post a Comment