Friday, January 2, 2009

Return from Texas to the frigid North


I traveled south to Athens for a few days to visit with the fam and Athenians before sojourning west to Texas. I got to visit with some old high school peeps, and that was awesome. And I have a wonderful sister who put up with all my shenanigans.

Texas was super fun. We visited the King Tut exhibit, did way too much shopping, fed some Longhorns, and got to know my cousin's girlfriends. Super exciting, all in all.



Very turbulent flights home. No plans for New Years. Watched the non-apple drop in Rockefeller Square. But was very happy to be home with my suddenly overweight cat. The product of too many catsitters, I think. He's on a diet.

Yesterday I walked in the park. I'm maintaining 9 miles well. Well on my way to my goal of doing an easy 15 miles for the half marathon in May. Today I stupidly went an hour drive south to Chincoteague park where I braved snow, sleet, rain, and wind to walk the trails. Boo. Drove my freezing, soaked self home, and will hole away playing Zelda the rest of the day. May go out tomorrow night with some friends and watch a game at a bar. We'll see :D

Work on Monday. Yay for having days to chill at home before going back to work. Staycations rock.

No comments: