Monday, April 20, 2009

A Catch-up blog

It's sad when you have to check your calendar to remember everything you've done. Or really awesome. I can't decide.

I had a great time staying with Libbie in Columbus. She had some great Aunt Connie stories ;) The purpose of that trip wasn't very productive, but has led to some more opportunities. So maybe I'll be back. Visiting with the fam was also wonderful. Worst airport experience ever in one collective trip. I do not enjoy crying at airports. But my bag, newly christened R2D2, was awesomely self-sufficient without me. He made it home from Philly while I went through Charlotte much earlier than me.

My trip to Greensboro was a lovely drive. I think I am not a fan of Greensboro.

I did a 5K in Salisbury for the Safe Ride service the university provides with one of my coworkers. It was fun. I am trying to learn to jog a little as I walk. It's slow going, but I'll get there.

A friend of mine and I went to a lacrosse game a minor league baseball game. Both were very, very cold events. The lacrosse game was exciting, but hard to follow. I prefer soccer. the baseball game was sadly unexciting in it's lack of scoring by either team. But the fans were highly entertaining. I look forward to a Nationals or Orioles game, as I imagine those fans will take the Crazy up a notch.

I visited a different coworker's church over Easter. That was fun. I like her kids. they had an impromptu easter egg hunt in their yard. I tried to help the littlest boy as best I could. Must be tough to be the youngest of 3 boys.

My concert band performance is in 2 weeks on Cinco de Maio. that should be awesome! We're playing lots of Spanish tunes and American marches.

This weekend, I am off to Panama City to visit my friends Richard and Marilyn and their adorable munchkin. Should be super fun! I am also in high planning mode for future trips. Check the left nav bar to see if I'm coming to a city near you!

This past Friday I was in DC with a coworker for a conference. She and I had/made some free time to go shopping around Dupont Circle. It's so super cute there. She showed me several cute stores for Asian pop culture, books, music, kitchen gadgetry, and food. We also stopped over in Annapolis which I had not gotten around to visiting prior. Super cute harbor with sailboats and katamarans. Also found a great book store/coffee/dessert place. And I'm hoping to go to a Blue Oyster Cult concert in June that will be in Annapolis so I was checking out that area too. We also stopped over at Trader Joe's grocery, which is super!

There's a Faerie Festival somewhere in Pennsylvania I'll be day tripping next Saturday so I can visit my friend Dave's daughter Lily. Seems such a shame to live so close to her and Josh, and not see them.

Movies seen: I love you, man; Fast & Furious; forgetting sarah marshall; fired up. also have been watching Kings. It's awesome. Very Shakespearean, and West Wing meets Deadwood. It's a very Biblical show which is very daring of them. There's also a kind of post apocalyptic Jericho feel to it. Check it out!

No comments: