Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What happened to Myope?

Family: please disregard this blog entry.

File under How not to run an MMO.

I have been playing Fallen Sword for about a month now. It's great. It's online; no downloading; the people are great; I loved my Guild. Until I realized I could donate $5 to the game, and get 25 Fallen Sword Points to use to upgrade my backpack. So I used Paypal to send Hunted Cow Studios $5. Payment went through, no problems.

I then went back to the game to find that I had been locked out. It gave a message saying that since this was the first time I'd given money to the game, they needed to verify my identity, and to please give them my phone number. Fine, I enter my phone number. Doesn't work. Something with the international phone number field doesn't like my phone number, and I now have to call or email them.

I'm super annoyed at this point because one of my guildies just buffed me and I'm locked out of the game. Grr.

I use their online form. I find a real person to email. I sign up for international calling so I can call this phone number. I get "this number has been disconnected." Great.

After about 30 minutes, I hear back from the support site. They now want a copy of my utility bill scanned in to verify my identity. No, I think, this has gone too far. This is why I use Paypal because it verifies me. Cancel my transaction, refund my money, and unblock my account I tell them. They reply, allright we can do that, but we're going to cancel your account. And btw, that fake account you made to let your guildies know why you weren't online, we deleted that too. And we now know your IP address, and have blocked it from ever creating a new account. So no posting this to the forum.

I don't know if my guildies got the message since they deleted that account too. I hope so. I was a good player. I didn't attack people just to raise my PvP. I didn't create a fake character just to have the extra backpack space. I was trying to go about things the right way. These are the rewards of playing within the system. Maybe if I played WoW and had been paying all along, I would have been treated better? Think I'll go back to consoles for a bit.

Full Documentation from Hunted Cow Studios Direct Game Support:
Ticket List » WLP-549215

Michelle
Posted On: 23 Sep 2009 02:25 PM

Hi! I used the Rewards screen to Paypal money for FSP. I couldn't get the phone number field to accept my phone number. I'm in the USA. 00 1 xxx xxx xxxx

thanks!
Myope

I also tried to call 011 44 844 357 6185. It said it was a non working number.

Support
Posted On: 23 Sep 2009 02:54 PM

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having problems verifying your payment. We need proof of your identity before we can unsuspend the account and assign you the relevant points. A scan of a document (such as a Utility bill) which confirms your name and address (dated within the last 3 months) attached in reply to this ticket will clear this up, please attach the document in jpeg format. Note you can block out any of your financial information as we just need it to confirm who you are as we could not do this via our automated system

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and if you have any issues with this please reply back and we can help you further!

Please note that we are not based in the USA, that is why we have our number listed with the +44 country code, we are in the UK.


Regards,

Hunted Cow Support.

Hunted Cow Studios Ltd is a company registered in Scotland under company number SC262870 and registered office/trading address at 100 High Street, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1BW, Scotland. Our VAT number is GB 855 4765 86.

Michelle
Posted On: 23 Sep 2009 03:07 PM

No sir. You do not need a scan of my utility bill. This is why I use Paypal, because it is secure and it has verified me. Cancel this transaction. I will never try to send you funds again. I am considering not playing the game anymore. This has been way too much hassle for something so simple.

Support
Posted On: 23 Sep 2009 03:22 PM

Hi there,

Due to the nature of our business we receive a large amount of online fraud, hence when a new payment is made and cannot be verified we have no choice but to suspend the account as the purchase could quickly be traded away and have a negative effect on our game economy.

Since you were unable to use our automatic phone verification system we are required to ask you to provide the requested documentation and confirm your identity.

However, if you wish a full refund please reply with your transaction ID however doing so will mean that this game account will be permanently closed.


Regards,

Hunted Cow Support.

Michelle
Posted On: 23 Sep 2009 03:29 PM

Refund my money. Close my account. I will let all my guild members know why. If this is your expectation of customer service, expect to lose more players.

Support
Posted On: 23 Sep 2009 03:34 PM

Hi there,

OK, we shall refund the payment now. Please note that you are not permitted to play the game from any further accounts, your clone account 'Myope2' has been terminated.


Regards,

Hunted Cow Support.

Michelle
Posted On: 23 Sep 2009 03:44 PM

I needed to let my guild-mates know what happened to me. You locked me out.

3 comments:

lector39 said...

So sorry to have this happen to you. This is lector39 the guild founder. I got your message. You are the third person we have lost due to the poor customer service at hunted cows. One of the others was not getting points for buying the disney product. She contacted them and when things got a little heated she said something that made them mad so they banned her. Makes you wonder if these are little kids running the game or something. We really miss you and wish there was some way to get you back with us. Maybe you could play from a different IP address. There will be a spot there for you as long as I am playing the game. I had to send them verification when I started playing because I have 2 boys that play the game so it appeared we had multiple accounts, but I have bought fsp with paypal and never had to do what they requested from you. Unfortunately the game is not going to be around in the future if they continue to treat people like this. Of course as you probably found out in your short time playing, there are a lot of players scamming and robbing in the game so I can only imagine that these players are pulling schemes on the company as well. Nevertheless I no longer purchase anything from the cows, I just play for free. please ....find a way...we need you.....lol

Anonymous said...

From Morzod: This is NO way to run a business.One would think they could find a better solution to the problem than to pick up my toys and go home like a 5 year old. We would really like it if you would come back the account you PMed me from is still working as far as their "we have your ip address" ??? maybe, then again maybe just BS.
I am so sorry for all of this trash you had to go through, you bent over backwards for them and they just picked up their toys....
We'll leave a light on for ya, in case you can/wanta come back....
MORZOD

Anonymous said...

You guys are the best. Thanks so much!!!