I have never had such a horrible experience with your airline than I did on my recent trip home to Minneapolis from Atlanta on flight 871 on Dec 27, 2010.
To start off, upon entering the line to drop off our bags, the woman directing the lines accosted us, and demanded to know "Were we flying business class?" I answered by saying "We needed to drop off our bags, and that we were checked in." I had read the signs before entering the line, and knew I was in the right place. Again she asked her question, and I said that we were not. She then rudely directed us to go to the next line over. I pointed at the sign I had read, attempting to show her that it was incorrect. She ignored me, and went away to accost other people about what line they were in. In the 20 minutes it took us to reach an agent to drop off our bags, I heard her incessantly tell us to move up even though there was no where to go as the line wasn't moving. She also made my mother wait outside the line.
The person working the counter to take our bags was the most unfriendly person I have ever dealt with from your airline. He would not speak to us or look us in the eye. He simply gestured for us to hand him things. I'm fairly familiar with flying so I could guess the first things he would need would be my boarding pass, and then my bags. But he never said that's what he wanted. After roughly tossing our bags onto the conveyor belt, he looked down at his screen, and I presumed we were free to go. He never said a word.
After arriving home, we found my boyfriend's bag had been so roughly tossed about that a round, solid plastic container of deodorant had exploded coating the entire contents of his bag in powdery deodorant. My bag had contained a tin of cookies. The tin has a giant dent in the side the size of my fist. This is beyond excessive abuse of our luggage to cause such destruction to simple items in this way. I have pictures if your would care to see them.
I will have an extremely hard time justifying flying with your airline again.
Inside of Graham's bag:
My tin:


No comments:
Post a Comment