Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July!


Happy 4th!

I'm behind on my posts! I have to post on Mom's visit to Minneapolis, but I'm saving it to do a double-post when after Rachel comes to visit in a few days. Woo!

For the 4th, Graham and I stayed home and were totally lazy. We had some failed attempts at cooking, but I did make some awesome smoothie pops. So one win! Yay!

Tuesday we both had off from work so we went to Duluth to see Lake Superior! Great Lakes are BIG. Like being in the middle of the Sound (Georgia family will get that).

We spent the first part of trip exploring the old Depot & Railroad museum.

So cool! Lots and lots of old trains.

Then we walked to the Lake Superior Aquarium which was heavily focused on native species of plain old fish. No where near as many sharks and tropical fish as I'm used to seeing, but we did get this cute picture of us standing above the Lower St Louis river which feeds into the Lake.

Finally we walked around the Lake Walk and checked out the lighthouses, and got to watch a big freighter come through the bridge. So awesome.


Last picture: me on the rocks by Lake Superior!

No comments: