Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Visits

This June and July Mom and Rachel braved the Northern Passage to visit Graham and me in this hot, humid, muggy, and stifling Minnesota summer. It was lovely to have them!

Mom and I visited Minnehaha Falls:

And The Sculpture Garden:


And historic Fort Snelling:


We also drove out to Stillwater & Lindstrom, and Mom came with me to work a few days getting to see the Betty Crocker Kitchens and the public library.

Rachel and I did much of the same things. Here's us by the Dandelion fountain at Loring Park:

And we toured the Wabasha Street Caves, and hunted for ghosts!

Is that a ghost? Or a bit of sandstone crumbling from the walls? Hmmm.

Coming up next week, Graham and I shall forego the hassles of modern air travel and "drive" to Georgia! What adventures await our arrival? Will it rain? Will the seafood restaurants have anything a vegetarian can eat? Join us next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the cherry! You should make a trip to visit here again.

When you can, check out my blog. I gave you an award.