Monday, May 7, 2012

12 weeks

Graham and I went to our first trimester screening appointment today. The meeting with the genetic counselor went swell. She says genetically we're very boring.

Then we had an ultrasound! New baby pictures! Woo!




The hilarious baby would not stop moving around for the tech to get good pictures. A couple of times I got choked up, and the tech got annoyed with me for moving. Later in the exam, she asked exasperatedly if I could move my skirt down some more as she was pushing against it & hurting her wrist. The poor big baby. Otherwise everyone at the perinatal center was awesome to work with. Especially the women working the lab where I had blood work done later.

In about a week, we'll have results on my protein levels that'll tell us more about any possible chromosomal defects, but all the measurements the tech was able to get looked fine. Nothing to be concerned about. The heart rate was 175. They also said they think my due date is actually the 21st of November, and they have no idea how my Reproductive Center came up with the 19th. But it's all a guess anyway.

Tune in next week for further adventures in Going to the OB/GYN!

No comments: