Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Avenues for Sharing

I think I have decided to remove myself from Facebook a bit. They're kind of jerks if you follow all their policy changes and design changes. I get that it started out as Zuckerberg's pet project, but come on. Stop acting like the entire platform of Facebook is your own personal MySpace page to tweak and retweak as you see fit. Or tell people *that* is your policy, and not to expect anything to stay the same ever.

So yeah, I don't want to keep sharing my pictures and awesome links with Facebook, if they're going to keep being such jerks. I've decided to put everything I would usually share via Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr here instead. Then I'll just share the link to the blogpost. Also almost all my important pictures are over on Picasa anyways. Remember how Facebook loves to appropriate your pictures for their own use! Not that Google is much better, sigh, but at least they're the devil I know.

Awesome links for today!










RT
Oh and SERIOUSLY people? Swearing off Oreos because of the rainbow filling. The end is nigh. Humanity is too stupid to live.

Re-Entering the Work Force: Motherly Skills Apply by Carly Hilios
Really hilarious Cover Letter for former Stay at Home Moms.

Louis C.K. is coming to Minneapolis! Now if only I were not so terribly broke.

RT
please remember, LOUIE season 3 premieres This THURSDAY, 6/28 at 10:30pm on FX. This season is really different and good.



Game of Thrones: Paul and Storm Tell George R.R. Martin to “Write Like the Wind
from GeekDad



 Margaret Atwood wrote a poem on Werewolves!!!






















Awesome Movies & TV seen:

Continuum: Like Terminator meets that JJ Abrams Alcatraz show.

A detective from the year 2077 finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver and searching for ruthless criminals from the future.











Game of Thrones: rewatching for silly husband who wasn't hanging on every word the first time.... like me.













Happy Accidents: totally missed this adorable Marissa Tomei movie from 2000.

Ruby Weaver (Marisa Tomei) is tired of being the "enabler" in relationships and has decided to give up the role of doormat. She's also on the verge of giving up on love when she meets a sweet, small-town guy, Sam Deed (Vincent D'Onofrio), who changes her mind. It seems Ruby's finally found a sane boyfriend -- until Sam divulges that he's a time traveler from the year 2470.







The Newsroom: I have SO missed West Wing, so I am thrilled that Aaron Sorkin is making awesome tv again!

A behind-the-scenes look at the people who make a nightly cable-news program. Focusing on a network anchor (played by Jeff Daniels), his new executive producer (Emily Mortimer), the newsroom staff (John Gallagher, Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel) and their boss (Sam Waterston), the series tracks their quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles-not to mention their own personal entanglements.

No comments: